Many of us want to practice on ASAv for there Certification, Knowledge or for testing. Eve-NG provides the best platform to play Cisco ASAv and practice as much you want.
We will help you step by step to add Cisco ASAv to Eve-NG and we will also tell how to get Trial license for your Cisco ASAv.
But Cisco ASAv comes with Limitation like you can not create Context, or you can not practice HA (Higher Availability). To Practice all these features you have to use Cisco ASA instead of ASAv. If you want download and add ASA read another blog How to add QEMU Cisco ASA to EVE-NG.
Follow Below Steps to add Cisco ASAv to Eve-NG
1. Download Cisco ASAv
2. Upload to Eve-NG
3. Request and addition of the License
1. Download Cisco ASAv – asav952-204.qcow2
If you have access to Cisco Website you can download Cisco ASAv directly or if you do not have access- no worries my friends find below direct link to download – Only for education Purpose.
Then login as root using SSH protocol.
3. Run following commands to enable telnet access instead of vnc:
apt-get install libguestfs-tools
guestfish -a virtioa.qcow2
4. Wait till your ASAv loads and you will see similar:
5. Continue with following commands to enable telnet access instead of vnc:
mount /dev/sda2 /
6. Clean and fix permissions:
/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions
Cisco offers 30 days free trial license for ASA. There are two methods you can reach out to Cisco for the trial Licesnse-
- Call Cisco and request for the license
- If you have smart license account – request on portal
How to add IOL images to EVE-NG
How to Add Windows 7 host to Eve-NG