Step by Step Procedure to Add Cisco VIRL vIOS to Eve-ng
1. Download Cisco VIRL vIOS qcow2
2. Create the Cisco VIRL vIOS directory in EVE-ng
3. Use Filezilla/SCP to upload the Cisco VIRL vIOS image to Eve-ng
4. Fix the Permission
5. Add the Cisco VIRL vIOS node to Eve-NG and Enjoy
1. Download Cisco VIRL vIOS qcow2 from the below link.
|S.No||EVE Image Name||Downloaded Original Filename||Version||vCPUs||vRAM|
To download Cisco VIRL vIOS image you can use the below link
VIRL account holders can download images from their VIRL download location, you must have valid cisco.com CCO account associated with VIRL.
VIRL has two image formats vmdk and qcow2. qcow2 are almost ready to use, just need create proper image folder and load image. vmdk file need covert to qcow2 format before load it in EVE. In the table above you can see that vios advanced enterprise 156-1.T contains vmdk in the filename. This means will need convert it to qcow2 file.
Images two and three in the table filename contains qcow2. This means those images are almost ready to load and no need extra conversation.
2. Create Cisco VIRL vIOS directory in Eve-ng
Login to your Eve-ng and create the directory for Cisco VIRL image as shown below.
3. Use Filezilla/SCP to upload the Cisco VIRL vIOS to Eve-ng
4. Fix the Permission by below Command
Use below command to fix the permissions. After fixing the permission open Eve-ng GUI and check the node by adding it.
/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions
5. Open your Eve-ng And Add the Node
now you can open lab and your image will be visible under nodes Cisco VIRL