This post will help you to add Linux servers to eve-ng in the easiest way. You can choose any Linux image from the pack below and simply upload it into EVE.
- Download your preferred image from this link:
2. Download your desirable image
3. Using WinSCP or FileZilla SSH (TCP 22) to your EVE and upload downloaded image to the location:
4. Using Putty or other telnet clients, CLI SSH (TCP 22) to your EVE and go to location:
5. Unzip your uploaded image file, make sure you are using right name of uploaded image. Example for ubuntu desktop image below.
tar xzvf linux-ubuntu-desktop-16.04.4.tar.gz
6. Remove raw zipped image file from EVE
rm -f linux-ubuntu-desktop-16.04.4.tar.gz
7. Fix permissions
/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions
6. Repeat this procedure for each downloaded image, expecting the right image name in commands
Ready to go images recommended settings:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you start the Linux node, edit it with right settings as per the table below. Add node to the Topology, point the mouse and right-click/ Edit. Qemu VGA setting please change manually (overwrite std to qxl). Please be sure you checked all settings for your node, CPU, RAM, Ethernet, qemu vga and console settings. See below:
Credentials and recommended node settings table:
We have used universal credentials in all our Linux images.
for new Kali 2019.3 linux with RDP enabled: root/toor
Credit to Eve-NG