This post will help you to add Windows 7 Host to eve-ng in simplest way.
Follow below Steps to add windows 7 Host to Eve-ng.
- Create a folder for Windows 7 in Eve-ng.
- Download Windows 7 Host image.
- Upload the image to the newly created folder in eve-ng.
- Fix the permission
- Test the Windows 7 host.
To download Windows 10 and Windows 2012/2019 server host images and a lot more you can subscribe to Lab4Work
Login to your Eve-ng via cli and follow below steps to add windows 7 host in eve-ng
1. Create a folder for windows 7 in Eve-ng using the following command.
2. Download Windows 7 Host image.
This image is already prepared for eve-ng, so you do not have to convert this image.
you can download the image for eve-ng from the below link.
3. Upload the windows 7 image to the newly created folder in eve-ng.
4. Fix the permission.
Next step is to fix the permission.
/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions
5. Test the Windows 7 image in Eve-ng
Open the Eve-ng in the browser. Create a new lab, right-click on lab and select win 7.
It will work like charm as in shown in screenshot, enjoy.
This window has preinstalled features that will help you to troubleshoot access multi-vendor devices. You can connect this host directly to the internet and download all the required software for your lab.
This windows 7 image is a converted image for eve-ng. You just have to download the windows 7 image for eve-ng and upload it to eve-ng win7 folder. After that just fix the permission and you are ready to go.
some of the preinstalled softwares in windows 7 host for eve-ng so you do not have to worry about the tools,
- Cisco ASDM
- Cisco Anyconnect
and a lot more enjoyable.